Sunday, November 15, 2009

MOTHERS BEST BACON ON THE PLANET!!!

I know...throw it in the Microwave...but...I just can't bring myself to stop cooking it the way Mother did. I feel very close to her, as I am standing there...turning each piece, checking for doneness. It's an act of love. Man, could she cook!!!

Anyway, this is how she did it.

First, start with Farmer Johns Bacon, or any Sugar Cured Bacon, and cook in bacon fat. She stored the fat in the fridge, and each time she used it, she would pour it up and store it. If ANYTHING other than bacon was cooked in the fat, she would throw it all away, and start over.

The more bacon fat, the better...she liked to cover the bacon...that way, it all cooked more evenly.

On Med-low heat fry the bacon until it is done. Now, here is one trick. Take out the bacon when it looks undercooked. You can always put it back, but once it is overcooked...it is too late. You can tell if it is done after it cools and it is crisp. Sometimes I put back just one corner...

Another trick...It really does the best job...drain on a brown paper bag...I use the inside of the grocery bag...just cut out a piece to fit your counter.

BE PATIENT...COOK IT SLOWLY, AND WAIT FOR THE KUDDOS!!!

Love and Kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment