Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SUZIS' BREW

Living on the 9th floor of an apartment building presents its problems...whenever someone on a floor below me cooks, we smell it. Sometimes that's great...sometimes I think they are making hoghead cheese...(for those of you who know that smell, you will know what I mean) Anyway, I came up with, what I call, "Suzis' Brew". I use it whenever I can't stand the smells coming in, or when the house just gets "stuffy". It's easy, cheap and I don't have to run around looking for candles.

So here is how I make it.

I use the smallest saucepan I have...I use an old one, because I have burned it a few times and man oh man, is it a pain to clean!!!!!

The basic recipe is:

Cranberry Juice
Cinnamon Sticks..(2)
Cloves (5 NO MORE OR THAT WILL BE ALL YOU SMELL)
Vanilla Extract
Almond Extract

At this point, you could actually drink it. It is like a Christmas Hot Toddy...Yummmmmy!!

Then, I add any juices left in our glasses. (DON'T DRINK IT ANYMORE UNLESS YOU ALREADY EXCHANGE BODILY FLUIDS...hee hee)

Grape Juice
Pinapple Juice
Apple Juice

These can all be added fresh or whatever is leftover in a glass.

Sometimes, if I have oranges or lemons, I will add slices or just the rinds.

I keep this on the back of my stove and turn it on several times a day...
Be sure to start fresh every week..

Hope you enjoy my "Brew" as much as I do.

Love and Kisses

Suzi

No comments:

Post a Comment